1. Highly Recommended- A home inventory is recommended by insurance companies, estate and financial planners.
2. Proof of Ownership-Once your belongings are damaged, destroyed or stolen, the insurance company or police will ask for detailed descriptions and often times they will require photos as proof of ownership.
3. Useful for other purposes- Including estate settlement, estate planning, divorce, moving, pre-nups, as well as asset listing for small business owners.
4. Expedite the Claim Process-Having a completed inventory can expedite your insurance claim, allowing it to be submitted more quickly.
5. Get more $- Without an inventory, you may not be able to prove ownership and won't be able to be reimbursed for all the items that were damaged.
6. Affordability- Documenting your property is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that having an inventory will provide.
7. Review your Insurance Coverage- Documenting your property will allow you to see if you have sufficient insurance coverage in the event of a disaster.
8. Freedom to Focus on Other Issues- In the event of an emergency, you will be able to focus your energy on your family and restoring your life; you won't be spending time trying to remember what you owned.
9. Recall- If you lost everything you owned today, could you remember all your property from memory only?
10. Help Recover Stolen Items- If you are a victim of a robbery, having documentation and photos will help with the recovery process.